Legal aid“Their advice completely changed my life”
Our free legal advice service shares crucial legal and psychological information with women who turn to us. It is essential for women living in abusive relationships to be aware of their human rights and the relevant laws.
Our legal aid is available via telephone from 4 pm until 6 pm every Wednesday and from 10 am until 12 pm every Thursday at +36 80 80 80 81 (within Hungary) or at +36212022083 (from abroad). Our legal aid is also available via email non-stop at email@example.com.
Laws and regulations for victims of relationship violence
The following laws and regulations are relevant for victims of relationship violence.
- Decree 14. of 1986 on the declaration of the Hague Convention of 25 October 1986 on Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- Decree 45/2003. (16. 04.) of the Hungarian Parliament on developing a national strategy for the prevention and effective resolution of domestic violence
- Government Decree 49/1997. (10. 09.) on child protection services as well as child protection and custody procedures
- Executive Order 32/2007. (OT 26.) of the Chief of the Hungarian National Police for police duties regarding the management of domestic violence and child protection
- Law No. LXII. 2009. on restraining applicable in cases of domestic violence
- Magyar Közlöny, Issue No. 5.
care serviceWe find it important to consider our clients’ legal, psychological and social needs all at once
This is the purpose of our integrated client care service. Our lawyers, psychologists and social workers operate in teams, continuously interacting with each other, collaboratively creating the best strategy to help the victim. An important element of this collaboration is that the client remains the decision maker: our experts merely provide information, without depriving the client of the right/responsibility of decision.
What kind of services does this program offer?
- legal advice;
- background consultation with a psychologist and a social worker;
- in special cases, preparing a plaint.
What we CANNOT help in:
- we do not offer legal representation.
How to get into the program?
We select our clients from cases contacting us through our legal aid service or the aid hotline of NANE Association. Please, call our free legal aid service from 4 pm until 6 pm every Wednesday and from 10 am until 12 pm every Thursday at +36-70-220-2505, or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
complaint hotline“Do you think this is acceptable? They totally guilt-tripped me at the compulsory pre-abortion counselling.”
Our complaint hotline provides assistance to women experiencing legal or ethical problems related to their abortion. We expect calls from women, or their relatives or helpers, who were disturbed by their experience during the compulsory pre-abortion counselling or the surgery itself, or they were treated in unethical, unprofessional or illegal manner, or in other objectionable ways.
Your rights were violated if:
- they spoke to or treated You in a humiliating way,
- Your decision was mocked, stigmatized or condemned,
- they tried to make You feel guilty,
- they failed to provide You the objective and comprehensive information required for making the decision
- they failed to answer Your questions,
- they forced or tried to force You into something you did not want.
We believe that only the pregnant woman has the right to decide whether she wants to give birth or abort the pregnancy. Consequently, the purpose of our service is not to make a statement for or against keeping the fetus or aborting the pregnancy. Instead, we would like to help women with factual information and human rights counselling, so that they are aware of their rights during the entire procedure and are able to act accordingly. The service is provided free of charge by Patent Association.
We accept calls on our legal aid like - on Wednesdays from 4 pm – 6 pm, Thursdays from 10 am – 2 pm at +36-70-220-2505.
More information: www.abortusz.info